With fall arriving for many of us, so too do new releases from Apple like the iPad mini 6, iOS 15, and watchOS 15. We’re happy to say that is ready for all these new goodies!
Check out what’s new in Bear 1.9 for iOS in this post, then take a peek at what we’re working on with Panda—an upcoming, major redesign and expansion of what Bear can do for you.
New Bear shortcuts
We’ve added some great new shortcuts to Bear’s toolbelt such as Pin note, Add files to a note, and Get files from a note. You can learn more about Shortcuts in Apple’s guide.
To help spark your creativity, we made a few new shortcuts you can download and customize to your needs:
- Share files from a note – Automatically grabs all photos and files attached to a note, then sends them via iMessage to either a specific contact or a person you choose on-the-fly. Right-click or long-press a note in Bear’s Note List to copy its identifier
- Note from PDF – Use this from the share sheet in Files or a similar app to copy all text from a PDF and paste it into a new Bear note
- A selfie for your thoughts – This journaling shortcut takes a new selfie and asks what you’re thinking about, then adds it all to a new note titled with the date
For those wondering: yes, Bear shortcuts are also ready for the Mac! We’ll release that update once macOS Monterey launches, expected sometime this fall.
Widgets are just the bee’s knees these days. Since bees make honey, and bears love honey, we made two more widgets for this release!
Don’t question that one too much, just go with it:
- Create note – Start a brand new note from anywhere widgets can be placed on your device
- Search notes – Launch Bear straight into a search for a specific keyword or tag
Com-paw-tible with new OSes
Bear 1.9 is compatible with all the new devices and OSes Apple announced for fall 2021. That includes the new iPad mini 6, Apple Watch Series 7, iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8.0, and macOS Monterey once it’s available.
We’d love to hear from you
How are you using Bear in your shortcuts? Is there a fuzzy-shaped widget on one of your home screens? We’d love to hear from you about these new releases or anything else on your mind on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.