Here’s a TL;DR of what’s changing when Bear 2 ships. But we definitely recommend you read the whole post:
- Existing Bear Pro customers keep the current price as long as you stay subscribed ($1.49/month or $14.99/year USD). Yes, even if you subscribe between now and when Bear 2 ships
- After Bear 2 ships in a month or two, new customers will see updated pricing: $2.99/month or $29.99/year USD. Both have a one-week free trial
- Bonus: The public beta is out and you can try it below! (The Mac version, at least. The iOS version has limited openings and might be full by the time you read this)
The Non-TL;DR version
In the next month or two, we hope to ship Bear 2 with over 20 great new features including tables, Markdown hiding, Backlinks, an all-new sketching tool, document scanning, folding sections, footnotes, RTL language support, and more.
Existing customers keep their price
When we release Bear 2, Bear Pro will have a new pricing model only for new customers. Existing customers can keep their current pricing for as long as they stay subscribed ($1.49/month or $14.99 USD). We will not raise prices on any existing subscribers because you kept our app going over the years and we believe it’s the right thing to do.
Subscribe before Bear 2 to keep the lower price
This means that, yes: if you subscribe to Bear Pro now, before Bear 2 ships, you can keep the current price as long as you remain subscribed.
What is the price of Bear Pro?
The core features of Bear will remain free to use. Once we ship Bear 2, Pro will bring even more great features to the table, so we felt it was time to do our first price increase in six years, but only for new customers. The new prices and free trial period will become:
- $2.99 per month with a one-week free trial
- $29.99 per year with a one-week free trial
Note: These prices are in U.S. dollars. We strive to keep Bear as affordable as possible for everyone around the world. Some countries might see different prices because of local taxes and currency conversions.
What is Bear Pro?
We’re thankful you asked! In Bear 2, Pro unlocks an awesome list of awesome features for all your awesome work and notes:
- Private iCloud sync – One subscription for all your devices to sync your notes with iCloud
- Export to more formats – Including PDF, Microsoft Word, JPG, TaskPaper, and more
- Note encryption – Protect individual notes with encryption, a note password, and optionally Face/Touch ID
- Lock Bear – Use Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode to lock the app from nosy folks
- Over 20 gorgeous themes – Customize the perfect cozy space for your work
- Over 20 custom icons – Yes, including our fun beta icon
- Search inside attachments – Find text even in photos and PDFs
- Use custom fonts – Your notes, your typeface
- Look and feel smarter – Note: Not guaranteed, but almost definitely will happen
- Unlimited bear hugs – Well, you might not actually want this feature. Bears are not instinctively friendly to humans. But ours is!
Thanks for your support
We couldn’t do this without you, so we are forever grateful to you. Bear 2 brings a fantastic amount of new power, flexibility, polish, and fuzziness to everything you do with it. We are so excited to show you the final version, and we deeply thank everyone for your support.
Try the public beta!
Want to see the new hotness for yourself? We have more seats available for testing through TestFlight! Please follow the instructions in our forum to get started, including making a full backup of your current notes. Please also share beta feedback in our forum, too.